We are looking for an IT Support technician to provide onsite IT support for our clients in Centurion.
The Onsite IT Support Technician’s role is to support and maintain the client’s in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes ordering, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal workplace performance. The individual will also troubleshoot problem areas promptly and accurately and provide end-user training and assistance where required. You will be responsible for configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting desktops/laptops and peripherals.
- Act as the primary interface for all users to resolve problems reported.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company
- Escalate and report on the status of all problems as and when required by management
- Make changes to equipment as per the client’s requirements.
- Do preventative maintenance on routers – updates & scheduling reboots
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with data networking, including implementation of VPN connections, firewall configuration and network routing, is preferable
- Good understanding of voice networking and VOIP environments
- Be customer service focused
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have good time management skills
- Be able to work under stressful conditions
- Be able to communicate effectively and clearly
- Demonstrate professional attributes
- Be able to manage conflict
- Proper technical knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Adaptability skills
- Work ethic
- Project management skills