ICTGlobe is currently looking for a Senior Technical Service Support Engineer. The candidate will be part of an elite team that administers, troubleshoots and maintains ICTGlobe’s Voice and Data Networks including the routers, gateways and PBX phones. The team is also responsible for configuring network and voice solutions for clients as per their requirements.
- Respond to tickets on the CRM system in a timely manner.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, email and face-to-face to the support desk.
- Keep support desk informed on progress with problem resolution.
- Escalate and report on the status of all problems as and when required by management.
- Research and development – research and develop products and solutions to improve on current implementations
- Support technicians – during and after hours
- Train – provide technical and customer-focused training to technicians to promote upskilling and the ability for them to complete their daily tasks
- Educate – educate technicians
- Lead- promote good communication internally and externally, ensure customer satisfaction
Technical Duties & Requirements:
- Monitor and manage ICTGlobe’s Core Network Infrastructure
- Must be able to design connectivity solutions based upon client’s requirements and what the Core Infrastructure supports
- Must be able to train and educate the support desk on the infrastructure design and guide them in terms of troubleshooting methodologies based on their different scenarios
- Must be able to understand and master L2 & L3 services and also be able to configure and troubleshoot such services
- Be an escalation point for all Core Network related queries before they get escalated to our Core Network Engineer
- Have a solid understanding of BGP i.e iBGP and eBGP and must be able to configure them and troubleshoot any network built around BGP
- Must have a good and solid understanding of static routing, MPLS and VPN Technology such as IPSec and L2TP/IPSec.
- Must have a good solid understanding of the OSI model and must be able to apply that knowledge through every problem encountered.
- Must have a good understanding of VoIP as a service and must be able to troubleshoot queries related to VoIP and 3CX
- Must have a good and solid understanding of Network Security and must be able to apply L2(Support-security, private VLANs) higher-layer security in any network.
- Must have a good and solid understanding of SDN, SD-WAN as well as Firewalls
- Must be able to design and document network solutions
- Must be willing to learn from their teammates as well as teach all the above mentioned to their teammates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 – 10 years experience in a similar position
- Experience with data networking including implementation of VPN connections, firewall configuration and network routing is preferable
- Good understanding of voice networking and VOIP environments
- Be able to work in a team
- Be customer service focused
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have good time management skills
- Be able to work under stressful conditions
- Be able to communicate effectively and clearly
- Demonstrate professional attributes
- Be able to manage conflict
- Proper technical knowledge (analogue, digital and VoIP services, IP networking and data service provision)