26/12/2019 | Business
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) value-added services remain as popular as ever and are ideal additional revenue streams for small local IT firms looking to increase turnover.
That’s the word from Riaan van Stryp, General Manager, who says VoIP’s the ideal ‘side hustle’ for SA’s legions of growing small and medium-sized (SME) IT firms.
“The next stage of the business lifecycle is in sight for the country’s emerging IT giants of tomorrow, if only they could boost revenue to power the next growth stage that seems so close,” says Mr Van stryp.
He advises owner-operated ICT (Information and Communications Technology) SMEs, in particular, to consider becoming VoIP resellers to add value to their existing client base.
By partnering with a large, independent VoIP player with its own telecoms network and established vendor relationships, SME resellers can comfortably compete in a crowded marketplace because an extensive support structure is put in place at the stroke of a pen.
“VoIP retains massive appeal amongst corporates looking to trim telecoms costs by around 40 to 45% while ensuring access to a vast array of value-added services that are simply not possible with traditional copper wire technology,” explains Mr Van Stryp.
Mr Stryp lists seven benefits of becoming an VoIP reseller:
- Turnkey VoIP and other ICT solutions are provided at the flip of a switch, massively increasing a small reseller’s product offering
- An entire 24/7 support centre becomes instantly available, offering peace of mind to both resellers and their clients
- For speedy troubleshooting, service ordering and provisioning, ’s ‘The Ninja’ self-help portal is always available online
- Resellers’ clients benefit from the industry-leading VoIP call quality
- Services can be white-labeled, enhancing a reseller’s brand and corporate identity
- can bill on a reseller’s behalf, reducing daily business complexity
- Finally, there is absolutely no cost to becoming an reseller
As a Tier 1 operator, ICTGlobe.com owns its telecoms network meaning it has full control over roll-out and maintenance of this core asset. Operating its own interconnect and networking facilities means the company can reliably offer voice calls at competitive rates. Finally, 3CX distribution rights for Africa complement ICTGlobe.com’s guaranteed uptime voice and data services.