FIREWALL AS A SERVICE
ICTGlobe FWaaS is a cloud-based SaaS offering a range of management and services for Fortinet FortiGate Firewalls. FortiGate Cloud offers zero-touch deployment, configuration management, reporting, and analytics. Cloud Firewalls are software-based, cloud-deployed network devices built to stop or mitigate unwanted access to private networks.
As a new technology, they are designed for modern business needs and sit within an online application environment. Firewall as a service (FWaaS) refers to a cloud firewall that delivers advanced Layer 7/next-generation firewall (NGFW) capabilities, including access controls, such as URL filtering, advanced threat prevention and intrusion prevention systems (IPS), and DNS security.
- Unified Security Policy: Firewalls can enforce security policies but only for the traffic that passes through them. With FWaaS, it is much easier for an organization to send all of its traffic through one of its firewalls, enabling the enforcement of consistent and unified security policies across its entire network.
- Flexible Deployment: An organization’s geographic footprint limits the potential deployment locations of physical firewall appliances. FWaaS, as a cloud-based resource, does not share the same limitations.
- Simplified Deployment and Maintenance: Purchasing, deploying, and configuring physical firewall appliances can be complex and require specialized knowledge to ensure that all systems are installed and set up correctly. With FWaaS, many of these setup steps are eliminated as these firewalls are implemented as virtualized appliances in the cloud.
- Improved Scalability: With physical firewall appliances, security scalability can be limited by the available hardware. FWaaS offers greatly improved scalability since the pool of available resources an
expand and contract as an organization’s needs evolve.
- Increased Flexibility: Appliance-based firewalls offer limited flexibility as upgrades and network restructuring requires changes to physical components. FWaaS enables an organization to adapt more quickly to surges in network traffic and the demand for security functionality.
087 094 6000