ICTGlobe is currently looking for a Technical Service Support Engineer. The Technical Service Support Engineer administers, troubleshoots and maintains ICTGlobe’s Voice and Data Networks including the routers, gateways and PBX phones. This person will also be responsible for configuring network and voice solutions for clients as per their requirements.
- Act as the primary interface for all users to resolve problems reported.
- Respond to tickets on the CRM system in a timely manner.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, email and face-to-face to end users.
- Keep end users informed on progress with problem resolution.
- Advice users regarding the product’s proper use and address specific user issues.
- Escalate and report on the status of all problems as and when required by management.
- Set up VPN’s and port forwards on routers.
- Make changes to routers as per the client’s requirements.
- Do preventative maintenance on routers – updates & scheduling reboots.
- Log onto routers to check the current configuration to make sure everything is up to standard.
- Setup domains for websites, email, POP3 and exchange.
- Create users on Active Directory and set up permissions.
- Install and configure desktop computers and software.
- Assist in voice related Porta issues
- Setting up VPN’s between sites.
- Do domain transfers.
- Change and manage the DNS records on the servers.
- Point websites on the ISS server to other websites and make general changes.
- Manage and configure PRTG
- Setup wireless AP’s for clients
- Setup QoS on routers
- Assist with internal troubleshooting and problem resolution as and when required at the office
- Support and maintenance of MS Windows and MS Exchange environments
- Testing, installation and maintenance of network related problems
- Provide 3CX support to users and assist them with problems
- Monitor the infrastructure and act on any failures
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 – 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with data networking, including implementing VPN connections, firewall configuration and network routing, is preferable.
- Good understanding of voice networking and VOIP environments
- Be able to work in a team
- Be customer service focused
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have good time management skills
- Be able to work under stressful conditions
- Be able to communicate effectively and clearly
- Demonstrate professional attributes
- Be able to manage conflict
- Proper technical knowledge (analogue, digital and VoIP services, IP networking and data service provision)