We are looking for a Technical Service Support Engineer who administers, troubleshoots and maintains ICTGlobe’s Voice and Data Networks, including the routers, gateways and PBX phones. This person will also be responsible for configuring network and voice solutions for clients as per their requirements.
- Respond to tickets on the CRM system in a timely manner.
- Keep end users informed on progress with problem resolution.
- Act as the primary interface to all users to resolve problems reported.
- Escalate and report on the status of all problems as and when required by management.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support to end users via phone, email and face-to-face.
Other technical duties
- Do domain transfers.
- Set up QoS on routers.
- Manage and configure PRTG
- Setup wireless AP’s for clients
- Setting up VPN’s between sites.
- Assist in voice-related Porta issues.
- Set up VPN’s and port forwards on routers.
- Monitor the infrastructure and act on any failures.
- Change and manage the DNS records on the servers.
- Install and configure desktop computers and software.
- Set up domains for websites, email, POP3 and exchange.
- Make changes to routers as per the client’s requirements.
- Create users on Active Directory and set up permissions.
- Provide 3CX support to users and assist them with problems.
- Testing, installation and maintenance of network-related problems.
- Point websites on ISS server to other websites and make general changes.
- Support and maintenance of MS Windows and MS Exchange environments.
- Assist with internal troubleshooting and problem resolution as and when required at the office.
- Do preventative maintenance on routers – updates & scheduling reboots.
- Log onto routers to check the current configuration thereof to make sure everything is up to standard.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be able to work in a team.
- Be able to manage conflict.
- Be customer service focused..
- Have good time management skills.
- Demonstrate professional attributes.
- Be able to work under stressful conditions.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Good understanding of voice networking and VOIP environments.
- Proper technical knowledge (analogue, digital and VoIP services, IP networking and data service provision).
- Experience with data networking, including implementation of VPN connections, firewall configuration and network routing, is preferable.
How to apply
Complete the form below and upload the requested documents
No late applications will be considered
Should you not hear from us within one week of the closing date for this position, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
ICTGlobe Recruitment Team